Choosing the right venue is vital. It's the backdrop to your perfect day. I meet many brides at Penrose and I must admit that my favourites are the ones who arrive with a list of questions and their iPhone at the ready to capture ideas as they go.
Believe me, when your venue hunting and you're up to property number five on a hot summer day, you aren't going to remember much.
Take a notebook. Ask questions. Make notes. Take photos. Otherwise there's a strong chance you'll get home and struggle to remember what was where.
A few suggestions for questions to ask your venue manager. These will help you compare and contrast the places you've seen and work out which is the best for you:
- Can I fit all my guests here (seated or casual dining at the reception / seated at the ceremony etc)
- What does the venue provide?
- Does the venue have a list of preferred suppliers?
- Does the venue offer a rehearsal day?
- Is there parking?
- Is there a dressing room?
- Where would our guests stay?
- Where are the power supplies?
- Does the venue fit the style of wedding I want?
- How much does it cost? What are the extras I need to consider?
I hope these help. Feel free to share - and good luck with finding your perfect venue!